Hello sweet friend,
I hope you are having a lovely week and that your summer (winter) has been good. After a pretty intense couple of weeks I am so happy that summer is coming to an end. Life will slow down and become quieter around here (there are so many visitors/tourists/people driving through during the summer here!) and fall is usually a really beautiful season. It’s one of my favourite times of the year because it’s still warm, the colours change into vivid red, orange and yellow and I can spend hours by the river without meeting anyone. What is there not to love?
Also, I have to admit that I’m not great at doing nothing for too long. Every time I start reading a book or relax I receive so many ideas that I have to scribble them down so I can dive deeper into them later. For a long time I didn’t feel very creative at all but when I started doing the work I love and living my own dream life it was like switching on the on button. I haven’t been able to switch it off yet ; ).
If you are feeling stuck and don’t know what you want or what to do, I would love to share my 5 top ways to get back into the creative flow:
- Step away from what you’re doing. I know how determined we can all get when we really want to make progress and move forward. We stare at the computer for hours, surf around for inspiration, compare ourselves to everyone else and then give up or try even harder. I lovingly invite you to stop whatever you are trying so hard to do and step away from it.
- Do something new. If you’re trying very hard to do something you’ve done in the past and can’t move forward I encourage you to take a break and do something new. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as it feels exciting. It can be trying a new restaurant, going to a new place or trying a new activity (crochet anyone?)
- Go on an adventure. Even if you love the place where you live, take the day off (or more) and go on an adventure. How about exploring a new town or going to an amusement parc? Don’t over think this, just go with what feels like fun.
- Do something FUN. Having fun is one of my favourite spiritual pratices and nothing helps me heal and get on track as quickly as spending a day playing with my children or dancing all night with my girlfriends. What is your kind of fun? Go do it : ).
- Spend time in nature and listen to your soul. This is an easy way to get back into your body and soul again. Take a day to walk in the forest, swim in the ocean or climb up a mountain. If you feel like it, bring your notebook and a pen and journal. Or take photos. Or sit in silence and feel the beauty of where you are.
As we slow down, get really quiet and listen to our soul’s whispers they become louder. Sometimes all we need is that time off to get back to ourselves again. The more you spend time in front of your computer or connecting with people through social media the further you move away from yourself. Of course it doesn’t have to be this way. By pausing and going within, you can hear your own voice, your own intuition and connect in a way that feels good to you.
I encourage you to spend the next couple of days taking the time to really listen to what you need in order to feel good and connected again. Oh, and as I took time off this summer a beautiful idea started to emerge. I’m still in dreaming mode but it’s starting to take shape. In a few days I will offer you a gorgeous 7 days e-course/love bomb/thingy to help you listen to your intuition and connect with your spirit guides (or any other energy you wish to connect with). It’ll be love-soaked and FREE. Just beacuse it feels good to create it.
If you want to be the first to know about it, hop on to my Love Letter list (in the header above) and I can’t wait to share this baby with you!
I wish you a gorgeous day!
With love and warm hugs,