I am still on holiday and I’ve been trying very hard to stay away from my computer but today it’s raining so much that I succumbed to the tentation to write a couple of blog posts : ).
Ever since the inspiring and unique Jo Bradshaw so generously gave me some great website advice I read her blog as often as I get a minute to read blogs. In her last post she encourages us to open up and share about who we are so here is my contribution.
23 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
1. I love not having a TV. I threw out the last one about 6 years ago and I’m so happy about that. Whenever I can I also love watching great series on someone else’s TV for a couple of days and then it’s back to normal again.
2.I’ve been biting my finger nails since I was about 7 years old. I’ve quit a couple of times but I keep falling back into this bad habit. It’s not very Zen Spiritual Guide style but hey, it could be drugs ; ).
3. I love rain. There is something magical, Singing-in-the-Rain and going into a different world about rainy days. Love it!
4. When I was 18 I hitchhiked from Paris to the south of Spain with a friend. It was a great adventure but when I think back on that trip I get scared imagining all the weird stuff that could have happened to us.
5. I don’t have a mobile phone and I have no idea how to use the new ones. My dear friend M’s daughter who is 2 years old had to show me.
6. When I was a kid I used to love spending my days with my grandmother. She lived in rural Romania and she would take me for long walks and even longer rides on old buses just to reach an orchard where we would pick abricots and sell them at the market.
7. I got my driver’s licence when I was 30 years old. Driving in cities (even small ones) freaks me out but I love to drive fast on very narrow and bumpy country roads.
8. I know how to order a basic meal in Japanese : ).
9. My all time favourite country in the whole world is Canada. I’ve studied in Montréal and I travelled around the eastern parts of Canada a couple of times. I even started to prepare my move there about 10 years ago but decided that it was too far from my friends and family so I chose to settle down in France.
10. Twelve years ago I lived on diet coke, candy, cigarettes and a big breakfast or lunch a couple of times a week. Not very healthy. Luckily for me I changed my habits in time.
11. I planned on getting married on March 25th 2006 in order to have a few weeks to get ready for the birth of my first child. He was born on exactly that date : ).
12. Giving birth was the most awesome experience ever! I was high for months after my first child was born and I still feel like nothing is impossible after having been through that.
13. When I was a child I wanted to be a teacher. I only realized recently that this is what I do. I teach. Yay, I’ve got my dream job!
14. I can’t stand the smell of goat cheese. A bummer considering I live in Cheese Country (= France).
15. I love living in two worlds; my “real” life in a small town in France and my international life where I do workshops in Sweden and intuitive readings for awesome clients in New York City and Australia.
16. I find it so difficult to allow myself to feel sadness or anger. My first reflex is always to push them back and keep going. I’m working on letting go and allowing all my emotions to be a part of my life.
17. I love climbing trees.
18. My favourite part of gardening is to dig my hands deep into the earth. I don’t really care about either planting seeds or harvesting, all I want to do is to feel and smell the earth.
19. I love candy and my all time favourite is salt liquorice. Love it!
20. I’ve been dreaming of writing a book for at least 3 years now. I can feel it living inside me and I guess it will come out when it’s ready.
21. I’m an all-or-nothing person. I don’t know if it’s because I’m a Scorpio but I can get so obsessed with something (a project, person, work) that I can’t see anything else. Or I don’t care at all.
22. I love spending time alone.
23. If I could save only one of my belongings it would be my drum. I created my own shamanic drum 4 years ago and I love it. It feels like a part of me (I believe it is!).
Wow, I made it through to the other side ; ). So, how about You?
What do you want to share about yourself that I don’t already know?
Sending you lots of Love,